In addition to being a wonderful area to go on snowmobile tours, our trails are an ideal place for film or commercial makers needing the perfect Alaskan backdrop for their projects. We have hosted multitudes of filmmakers, and served as invaluable consultants to those that need help meandering through the Alaskan backcountry. We are the “Fixer”, Rescue, First Aid, and Production Assistant all in one!
As well, we have in-depth knowledge and experience in regards to film support and risk management, so we can help you throughout the entire process. To further understand our qualifications, just check out the work history of our owners Justin & “Twirl” – remember you can always contact us with any questions you may have.
- NFPA Swift Water Rescue Instructor, Swift Water Technician, White Water Technician
- NFPA Advanced Ice Rescue
- NFPA Technical Rope Rescue
- WMTC Wilderness First responder
- 24 years exploring the Alaska Backcountry
- 47 years of Nordic and Alpine Skiing
- 18 years of ice climbing
- 20 years owner operator Glacier City Snowmobile tours
- Snowshoeing, snow caves and igloo building, ice cave and iceberg adventure,
- On camera talent
- Proper safety and handling techniques for snowmobile operating
- Safely driving cameramen on snowmobiles as they film
- CPR advanced first aid
- 18 years weather forecasting in Girdwood (for snowmobile tour operation)
- Avalanche awareness instructor
- Ongoing onsite risk management awareness
- Satellite and cell phones with laminated emergency call list.
- Radios for on sight communication
Film & Production Experience
- Labatt’s Beer 1997 (support)
- American Eagle Outfitters 2005 (support)
- Bizarre Foods Alaska 2007 (support/acting)
- Les Stroud – Survivorman 2008 (support/acting/stuntman)
- US Marshalls Alaska 2009 (support)
- Frankenstein Theory (Movie) 2010
- LL Bean Catalog shoot 2011
- Roxi clothing catalog shoot 2012
- Wild West Guns Film Shoot 2013
- Kashi Cereal commercial 2013
- Verizon commercial 2014
- Oscar-Meyer 2016
- Jim Beam 2016
- Discovery Channel Homestead Rescue 2017/2018
- BBC Chasing Ice 2019
The following gear is available with proper notice:
My experience has shown you will probably need 3-5 snowmobiles and gear for support during certain days of filming or seeking sight locations.
- Several backcountry emergency packs, backboards, evac toboggan
- 21 snow machines in great shape
- 15 passenger, 4wd one ton van
- 8 passenger 4wd Yukon
- 6 Passenger 4wd F-250
- 6 passenger 4wd GMC 2500
- 4 towable toboggans for hauling gear by snowmobile
- 60 arctic snowsuits All sizes and colors
- 50 pairs of Bunny Boots (The warmest)
- Dozens of gloves, goggles, helmets, neck gaiters.
- All pre-production hours spent on your project leading up to the day that you arrive.
- Any suits or boots and gear needed.
- Toboggans, radios, Satellite phone, goggles, fuel, shovels, and all extra backcountry gear that I customarily provide or carry.
- Glacier City Snowmobile Tours LLC. – $1,000,000 liability $2,000,000 aggregate insurance